Assistant Restaurant Manager
Canoe Place Inn & Cottages
Hampton Bays, NY
CANOE PLACE INN & COTTAGES:
New York’s iconic “first stop out East,” Canoe Place in Hampton Bays is a beautifully restored boutique hotel opening this summer. The refreshed destination is home to an inn and cottages, restaurants and bars, a full-service spa and inspiring historic event spaces with countless job opportunities.
Asstistant Restaurant Manager:
We are searching for a reliable, innovative Assistant Restaurant Manager to supervise operations at our restaurant. The Assistant Restaurant Manager's duties include scheduling shifts, balancing cash registers, and overseeing payroll. You should also address customers' complaints and queries in a swift, courteous manner.
To be successful as the Assistant Restaurant Manager, you should implement measures to minimize costs and improve profitability. An outstanding Assistant Restaurant Manager will contribute to the professional development of staff.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Opening and closing the restaurant.
- Appointing, inducting, and mentoring new staff members.
- Scheduling shifts and assigning tables to waitstaff.
- Resolving customers' questions and grievances in a professional manner.
- Conducting payroll activities in an accurate, timely manner.
- Ensuring that the restaurant adheres to pertinent health and safety regulations.
- Purchasing new ingredients, kitchen utensils, and equipment as stock is damaged or depleted.
- Sourcing better deals on all resources and equipment that warrant replacing or replenishing.
- Recording all income and expenses and ensuring that cash registers are balanced.
- High school diploma, GED, or equivalent.
- Previous supervisory experience, preferably within a restaurant.
- Prior experience using payroll software.
- Intermediate accounting and arithmetic skills.
- Strong leadership skills with an affinity for capacity development.
- Excellent conflict resolution abilities.
- Innovative, trustworthy, and impartial.
- Ability to work evenings, weekends, and holidays.
- Warm and engaging personality with good communication and interpersonal skills, especially verbal, with management, co-workers, guests, and other parties
- Very self-confident and mature; able to manage systems, employees, and demanding guests
- Extremely self-sufficient with good analytical, administrative, and problem-solving skills
- Good discretion and independent judgement in evaluating data and determining courses of action
- Ability to interpret, and implement management policies or operating practices
- Good self-discipline with an ability to complete tasks independently
- Ability to manage multiple tasks, issues, co-workers, and guests in stressful situations and take responsibility in a professional manner
Canoe Place Inn & Cottages offers a thoughtful package of benefits for eligible employees:
- Group insurance, including medical, dental and vision, in addition to company-paid life insurance
- Optional insurance plans include Short and Long-term disability, Accident and Critical Illness
- 401K retirement program with employer match
- You work hard and deserve time to unwind and relax. That’s why we offer paid time off including vacation days, personal days and holidays
- Hotel discounts throughout Main Street Hospitality’s hotel portfolio
- Career development, child reimbursement and more!
Canoe Place Inn & Cottages is equal opportunity employer. EOE M/F/D/V
posted February 3, 2023